CCT vs Asheville
The plan is to meet up at Hearn Cycling & Fitness shop (28 Asheland Ave) on both days.
- Downtown Asheville Inn $ Located on Patton Street, just a block from central city Pritchard Park and across the street from Hearns cycling shop. They provide a basic breakfast for free, too. This hotel is very popular, though, due to its great central location and cheap rates, so don’t wait to get your reservation. AAA and veterans discounts. Go to here: https://downtowninnandsuites.com/ or call at 828-254-9661. Typical nightly rate for a room with two double beds: $90 – $125 (Note, the website can be confusing. The rate provided for a four night stay will provide the TOTAL rate, not the nightly rate).
- Tunnel Road Budget Hotels $ Just outside of downtown Asheville is Tunnel Road, a non-descript bit of sprawl filled with strip centers, chain restaurants and chain hotels. You might find some less than $100/night at Kayak.com or Hotels.com. The drawback is that you will need to drive into downtown for daily rides and entertainment, as Tunnel Road and the ride through the Tunnel into downtown are not bike-friendly. And parking is almost never free in downtown Asheville (unless you are staying at a hotel in downtown).
- Sheraton Four Points $$$ National hotel located in downtown. Free parking, but no free breakfast. Located a few blocks off the busiest parts of downtown, but a short walk or ride to the good stuff.Typical nightly rate for a room with two double beds: $240
- Hotel Indigo $$ National boutique hotel chain located in downtown. Free parking, but no free breakfast. Located a couple blocks north of the busiest parts of downtown, near the Grove Arcade. Typical nightly rate for a room with two double beds: $175 – $225
- Haywood Park Hotel $$$ Luxury digs in downtown in an old historic building, next to the Grove Arcade. Free parking, free gourmet breakfast, can’t beat the location. Typical nightly rate for a room with two double beds: $250
- Aloft Asheville Hotel $$$ A Starwood boutique hotel located on Biltmore, one of the main downtown streets. Pet friendly, rooftop deck, secured garage parking. Pay a little extra for the luxury. This property is about ½ mile from the Downtown Asheville Inn, and 3 blocks from where most MTMS rides will start. The website shows that nightly rates for a double room start at $250
- Renaissance Hotel $$ Large, older hotel a few blocks north of downtown. $185/night.
- Asheville Bed and Breakfast $$-$$$ The town has one of the highest concentrations of B&Bs anywhere. Go to http://ashevillebba.com/ for a comprehensive listing. Expect rates to start around $125/night and go up from there. Nice properties are located less than a mile from downtown – an easy bike ride each morning.
- Grove Park Inn $$$-$$$$ Stay at one of the best old-world resort hotels in America, built in 1900. Rooms with two queen beds start at $250/night. Located about 2 miles from downtown, on a mountain overlooking the city.